fredag 16 mars 2012

My name is Sarah

My name is Sarah, and my little brother has ADHD. That’s how I always describe myself, because when your brother is always in the center, you don’t exist without him. When I was little, I used to imagine a fairy coming with a magical cure so that he would always be a normal little brother. But as I got older I realized no fairy would come and make him different. And you know what, I am glad for that – I wouldn’t want him “cured”, because my little brother, the one I love with my entire heart, wouldn’t be him if he didn’t have ADHD. It may be an everyday struggle with frustration and sudden bursts of anger, but the time in-between is worth it, and that’s why I’m writing this, to show the beauty of making life work. My name is Sarah, and my little brother has ADHD.
My brother is named Henry, he is eight and he suffers from Combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive ADHD. This means he had both problems concentrating as well as being still or waiting for his turn.  Besides from that he is a real sweetheart with a big heart.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar